Archive for November, 2012
The steps are confusing, the requirements many and it entails reading multiple web pages then fitting the jigsaw together. Here are the exact steps I took to set my Windows PC up for development with Android.
- Download “Eclipse IDE for Java Developers“.
- Extract the files using 7-zip and then copy to C:\Program Files\Eclipse
- Download and install the Oracle JDK (Standard Edition)
- Download and install the Android SDK
- At the end of the installation choose to run the SDK manager.
- Check/Tick Android 2.3.3 then then click on the Install button.
- Download and install the ADT Plugin using these steps. Note that the instructions say that a “Welcome to Android Development” window will appear. It won’t. Ignore that.
- In Eclipse go to Window -> Customize Perspective…
- Click on the Menu Visibility tab
- Expand File and then New and check/tick Android Application Project
- Click on OK
- In the main Eclipse window click on the icon to go to the workbench.
- Follow the first lesson